Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day for a Mom-to-Be

Pregnancy warning, for my infertility readers who might be having a rough day.


Happy Mothers' Day!  Something I've told my Mom and Grandmas since I was a little kid.  It was never about me, it was about spoiling those who had been maternal to me.

Today, it's also my day.  And that blows my ever loving mind.

My Mom and Dad sent me flowers.  A beautiful, gorgeous bouquet with a sweet message: "Happy Mommy-to-Be Day!  Love Mom & Dad"

My husband bought me a card and wrote a sweet message about how he is so glad that I'm going to be the mother of his children.  I can't believe I have his child inside me right now!  He also made me eggs benedict with homemade hashbrowns and a virgin mimosa - orange juice with sparkling water.  It was super sweet of him!

Today we told my Mother-in-Law.  She thought my husband was kidding when he told her.  "Seriously?  Are you kidding?  Is this a joke?  Really?  For real?  You're not kidding?"  She was very happy, and surprised!

We're telling my sisters-in-law today, too, and my grandparents.  It's a big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment