Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bring it on!


Tonight I start injects again.  I've already asked my husband if he's excited to have to jab me again with the needle, and he said, "Yay!  STABBING TIME!" so I'll take that to mean he's on board.

So far we've done an unmedicated IUI, a medicated cycle, and now it's going to be our first medicated IUI.

I feel like an odd duck to be excited for injects, but it just feels like we're doing something productive. I am actually excited for 6pm so I can pull the Follistim pen out of my cheese drawer and let my husband take a stab at me (literally).

The Letrozole pills are so tiny with so few side effects (the only noticeable one being mild headaches several hours after taking my dose) that it's hard to believe it's doing something.  It's also no big deal just for me to pop a pill in the mornings.

The injects are like the big dogs - they come in vials (which makes it seem important), it has to be put in a cool pen-needle thingy, they're super expensive, it requires jabbing a needle and injecting that stuff into my belly fat, and they make my ovaries feel swollen.  It's also a shared experience for my husband to participate in this process by giving me the shots.  It's something we can do together to try to make this happen (besides sex, of course, which hasn't worked yet).  So it feels like we're doing something significant to help improve our chances.  I think it has helped my husband feel more involved with this process, and that has helped me feel less alone.

So... bring on the needles!  We're upping the dose this cycle since I responded well last cycle - we're hoping for slightly bigger follicles and maybe one more (but I'd be really nervous about moving forward with more than 3 follicles, and would really be happier with 2 again).  It's still only 50 iu, whereas last month I did 33.3 iu daily, but I'm hopeful that my follicles will be nice and plump and my lining thickening nicely when I go in on Thursday for my first monitoring appointment.

After Thursday, I'll have a better idea when my IUI will probably be, but it's likely within a week.  Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!


Let's get this party started!  Bring on the shots, bring on the IUI! BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment